Cultural Jammin' T Pain flashin Oakley's, Gangsters hijacking Rave Culture




Video Music Clips are;
1. Good guides to predict future trends in Fashion, Technology and the Arts
2. Perfect grounds for companies to promote their products.

It seems these days gangsters rule MTV. This is no problem for me as I have a high tolerance for watching smoking hot woman dancing on camera. However recently something struck me as a little odd.

What the hell were all my Gangster hombres (Bow Wow, R Kelly, T Pain, Kanye West, Omarion) doing wearing sunglasses at night?

Clubbing with sunglasses was for a long time part of rave culture and to onlookers it helped communicate 'I am on some serious drugs and I will save you the pain of looking at my dilated pupils.'

However it does not seem like there is a drug or rave connotation with this new hip hop trend. Without this stigma it seems that Oakley have jumped on this meme, sponsoring famous rapper T-Pain. His clip (above) looks more like an ad for Oakley than a music video clip.

Poor Ravers, what is next 50 Cent glow stickin and Melbourne Shuffling his way around a LA nightclub?

Below is a collection of the more hilarious sunglasses choices from recent music video clips.

R Kelly - I'm a Flirt (0:07: R Kelly Diamond Sunglasses)


Souljah Boy - Crank Dat (0:17 Souljah Boy got his name in crystals on his glasses)


Omarion and Bow Wow - Girlfriend (1:20 driving at night with sunglasses)


Kanye West - Stronger (0:42 Kanye windowshade glasses)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I constantly spent my half an hour to read this webpage's content daily along with a cup of coffee.

My web page - what Should I weigh